Wednesday, May 23, 2012

MAKING FOIL DINNERS

I remember when I was dating my now husband.  We loved to go on hikes.  I remember the first time we made foil dinners.  I had never done them before.  In fact, I had never heard of them.  The boy scout that he was, told me how to do them and he got the fire ready.  I prepared them and had them all ready to put on the coals.  I asked, "how long do you cook them?"  His reply, "I think about 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side".  For those of you that have done foil dinners know that we ate cremated foil dinners.  Time varies, but it should have been 10 minutes total, 5 minutes on each side.  Thru the years we now have foil dinners down to an art.  There are lots of things you can put in a foil dinner, but we always seem to go back to the basic hamburger, onions, potatoes and carrots.  Here's a website that tells of 9 different foil dinners.  Not all are main dishes, some are sides, some are desserts. http://artofmanliness.com/2010/07/20/cooking-around-the-campfire-9-easy-and-delicious-foil-packet-recipes/

No comments:

Post a Comment